We are excited to announce that ActiveWestminster will soon launch the new ActiveWestminster Volunteering Programme in partnership with Westminster Connects. The programme is designed to significantly increase participation in volunteering in sport and physical activity across Westminster, helping those who live, work and study within the City to find and access the right volunteering opportunities.
The launch of the programme coincides with National Volunteer week (1-7 June 2022) and aims to support Westminster based organisations, clubs and providers identify and share volunteer opportunities across the borough.
The ActiveWestminster Volunteering Programme aims to:
- Support organisations to engage in volunteering and fulfil the industry standard for volunteering (London Volunteer Management Charter)
- Support physical activity and sport clubs, organisations and providers to be ‘volunteer ready’
- Help better understand and consider club volunteer needs and the needs of volunteers within Westminster
- Support volunteers to register interest in published opportunities
- Provide access to volunteer opportunities within physical activity and sport clubs, organisations and providers for those who live, work and study within the borough
- Provide training opportunities and events (ActiveWestminster Mark (AWM) accreditation holders will receive priority and free access to certain training opportunities and events)
ActiveWestminster Volunteer Programme opportunity form
- You can submit a volunteer opportunity form all-year-round, however, we ask that applications are submitted a minimum of 10 working days prior to the opportunity.
- New opportunities will be posted on Westminster Connects Newsletter fortnightly. The deadline for new opportunities is Monday prior to the Newsletter being released. Any submissions made after this day will be posted the following edition.
"*" indicates required fields