The Champions of the Future programme gives Westminster’s gifted and talented athletes an opportunity to access financial support and mentoring to help with training and development.
The programme is open to people aged 12 and above. Athletes will be selected on sporting success and the level at which they are competing.
If you compete at district, regional or national level, you could get:
- funding to be used for travel, equipment and accommodation
- free access to Everyone Active leisure centres across the UK and gyms in London that belong to the Jubilee Hall Trust
- the chance partner with universities in London
- the opportunity to be recognised in ActiveWestminster Awards and other regional awards
- help to gain coaching qualifications and the opportunity to apply for roles with Everyone Active.
Please note that as part of Westminster Council’s strategy to provide an Activity City for All, athletes successful in joining the scheme will be partnered with a local Primary School to help inspire young people to be more active and lead healthier lives. This may involve 2-3 informal visits to a school to chat with students, supported by an Active Westminster Relationship officer where required.
If this is something that could prove an issue for you, please contact us ahead of making your application to join the scheme.
How to apply
The window for applications is now closed and will open again in January 2021.
Please note that while Everyone Active’s Sporting Champions programme does not provide funding with the bronze award, the Champions of the Future programme will provide Westminster athletes with funding to those that are successful in this category as well as for Gold and Silver.
To qualify you must:
- live, study or work in Westminster
- be registered with a National Governing Body affiliated club
- be either ranked in the top 20 at a regional competition in the current year (2019-2020) or be a member of a regional squad (age band to senior) with regional squad results in the current championship year (2019-2020)
Champions of the Future is brought to you by Westminster City Council, Everyone Active, London Sports Trust, and Jubilee Hall Trust.
For more information about the scheme, please get in touch.