Staying active is vital to everyone’s physical and mental wellbeing. Therefore, in-line with current Government guidance, all our parks and open spaces will continue to remain open.
Working with Everyone Active, our leisure centre partner all our Leisure Centres, Gyms and Pools across Westminster reopened as of Saturday 1 August in line with updated Government guidance (17 July 2020).
Following Government guidance updated in May, we re-opened all our multi-use games areas (MUGA’s), sports courts and pitches, table tennis tables and other communal recreation areas across the City as of 16 May 2020.
Following subsequent Government guidance (23 June 2020), we re-opened all our playgrounds and outdoor gyms/trim trails across the City as of 4 July 2020.
Please help us, to help you and others stay active and maintain an Active City for All, while staying well. Following the updated Government guidance for using our outdoor spaces and places. The changes mean that you can:
- Spend time outdoors, including our parks, outdoor spaces and places, in groups of up to six people from different households, whilst following social distancing guidelines.
- Get and stay active as often as you like, whilst following social distancing guidelines.
- Take part in other outdoor sports and activities providing you follow social distancing guidelines.
- People who play team sports can meet to train together and do things like conditioning or fitness sessions providing they follow social distancing guidelines.
- Continue to stay local, wherever possible travel on foot or bike cycle where you can. Please avoid public transport, where possible.
Despite these changes to the guidance, it’s still possible for the coronavirus to spread from person to person, so please ensure you maintain social distancing from anyone outside your household. As with before, you still cannot:
- Gather in groups of more than 6 people from different households, outdoors
If you don’t think that’s possible, then there are loads of great ways you can get and stay active at home or out in your garden (if you have one!). There are some great ideas to help everyone stay active on our activity finder, the Sport England website or search #StayInWorkOut on social media.
We will continue to keep this situation under constant review.
You can find information about coronavirus (COVID-19) including what you can do to protect yourself, and the impact of the disease on our services on the main Council website.
Published 27 March 2020
Last updated 9 Sept 2020
9 September 2020 Updated guidance on meeting other people.
20 July 2020 updated in-line with latest Govt. guidance.
11 July 2020 updated in-line with latest Govt. guidance.
04 July 2020 updated in-line with latest Govt. guidance.
01 June 2020 updated in-line with latest Govt. guidance.
12 May 2020 Updated in-line with latest Govt. guidance.
3 April 2020 Additional guidance on dog walking added.
27 March 2020 First published.