The ActiveWestminster Mark is a two-year accreditation which shows Westminster residents and Schools that clubs, providers or organisations that have been awarded the mark provide quality physical activity, leisure and/or sport activities and meet a range of quality standards set by the Council’s Physical Activity, Leisure & Sport (PALS) service.
Those who have been awarded the mark have proven to provide a quality sports and leisure service by meeting a range of quality standards set by the ActiveWestminster partnership, including health and safety, coaching qualifications and insurance.
We encourage all sports clubs, providers or organisations providing services in the City of Westminster to apply for ActiveWestminster Mark and recommend that schools looking to work with providers engage with those who either already hold the ActiveWestminster Mark or are actively working towards it. For Full details of those organisations, please contact us.
Benefits of joining
The ActiveWestminster Mark is open to clubs, providers or organisations that provide physical activity, leisure and/or sport activities in Westminster and on achieving the ActiveWestminster Mark, the holder can enjoy the following benefits:
- 25% off (non-resident prices) on facility hire at Westminster leisure centres for target group sessions only (juniors, senior, Women*, girls and disability)
- Increased access to training and development for your workforce
- Development support from PALS, Team Westminster and London Sport
- Opportunities to be involved in Westminster initiatives including the London Youth Games, holiday camps, ongoing community sports work and other ActiveWestminster Mark organisations
- Inclusion in Westminster-wide marketing and communications to raise your organisation’s profile
- Enhanced links to the local community and National Governing Bodies of sport (NGB’s)
- The opportunity to be involved in the delivery of wider ActiveWestminster partnership objectives
Sports clubs, providers or organisations already providing or looking to provide services in Westminster can express their interest to apply for the ActiveWestminster Mark here:
How to apply
To start the application process, Sports clubs should express their interest in becoming accredited by filling out an expression of interest from. We will then get in touch with further information. On completion of the process we will provide you with certification as well as ActiveWestminster logos to add to your promotional literature, which will highlight that you are ActiveWestminster Mark accredited.