The ActiveWestminster Champions of the Future programme gives Westminster’s gifted and talented athletes an opportunity to access financial support and mentoring to help with training and development.
In addition to receiving developmental and financial support, successful athletes are partnered with a local primary school to help inspire young people to be more active and lead healthier lives, as part of Westminster City Council’s strategy to provide an Activity City for All. This may involve 1-2 informal visits over the course of the year to meet with students and talk about your sporting endeavours.
The programme is open to people aged 12 and above. Athletes will be selected on sporting success and the level at which they are competing.
If you compete at district, regional or national level, you could get:
- funding to be used for travel, equipment and accommodation
- free access to Everyone Active leisure centres across the UK and gyms in London that belong to the Jubilee Hall Trust
- the opportunity to be recognised at the ActiveWestminster Awards and other regional awards
- help to gain coaching qualifications and the opportunity to apply for roles with Everyone Active
- feature on our social media platforms and receive engagement from ActiveWestminster highlight successes and achievements
How to apply
The window to submit an application is NOW OPEN! To be considered for the Champions of the Future programme, you must first make an application for Everyone Active’s Sporting Champions programme.
During their application, athletes need to select the gold, silver or bronze award, as appropriate to their level of performance.
Once you have submitted your Sporting Champions application, those who qualify for the ActiveWestminster Champion of the Future programme will be contacted upon fulfilment of the qualification criteria as set out below.
Those who are succesfully admitted on to the Champion of the Future programme can be awarded a sum of financial support regardless of the type of package select when applying for Everyone Active’s Sporting Champions Sponsorship.
The deadline to apply is Saturday 30th April 2022
Athletes admitted on to the scheme are selected based on their sporting success and the level at which they compete.
To be considered for the programme applicants must:
- live, study or work in Westminster
- be registered with a National Governing Body affiliated club
- and either;
- be ranked in the top 20 at a regional competition in the current year (2021-2022)
- be a member of a regional squad (age band to senior) with regional squad results in the current championship year (2021-2022)
The ActiveWestminster champions of the Future programme is brought to you in collaboration with: