Two schemes to keep you warm, healthy and save money this winter
As the weather starts to turn it is natural that we start thinking about how to efficiently heat our homes. Due to the ever-present cost of living crisis which we find ourselves in, this is becoming more of a pressing issue. However, the Green Doctors and Warmer Homes schemes can support you.
Struggling to make ends meet? Call the Green Doctors who can support you if you have a low household income!
- Explain how to make homes energy efficient
- Install energy saving devices and measures
- Offer impartial advice on switching energy providers to save money
- Give income support and debt advice
- Connect residents with other health and support services
The Mayor of London’s Warmer Homes programme provides free heating, insulation and ventilation improvements for low-income Londoners who own their own homes or rent privately.
Grants of between £5,000 and £25,000 are available to eligible low-income homeowners and private tenants, with funding amounts depending on existing energy efficiency rating, tenure, and current fuel type (i.e., gas, electricity, oil, or LPG)